Cash ISA Saver
Instant access to your money
- The interest rate you get depends on how much money you have in your account
- Currently paying from 1.60% tax-free/AER (variable) including a fixed introductory bonus of 0.20% for 12 months
- Open from £1
- Instant access with no charge for withdrawals
- Introductory bonus for first year
Save Well Limited Access ISA
A higher rate if you don't make a withdrawal
- Open from £1
- Less interest is paid when you make a withdrawal
- 1 year term
- Earn 3.92%/4.00% tax-free/AER variable in the months you don't make a withdrawal, or 0.49%/0.50% tax-free/AER (variable) when you do make a withdrawal
Fixed Rate Cash ISA
Put your money away for a set time
- Open from £1
- 18 month, 2 year and 3 year terms
- Earn up to 4.80% tax-free/AER (fixed) interest rate (for a 2 Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA). Withdrawal charges apply
Cash ISAs will take no more than 15 working days to transfer. Stocks and Shares ISA or innovative finance ISAs will take no more than 30 days to transfer. To transfer an innovative finance ISA you will need to pop into a branch. You cannot transfer a Lifetime ISA to us.
Open an ISA with us.
Complete and return our online ISA transfer form.
We'll ask your existing provider to transfer your money to us.
We use Adobe sign for this kind of request. Adobe will pass the information you provide to us in a secure manner and won’t process it in any other way. Information on how we use your data can be found in our Data Privacy Notice.
Screen reader users are advised to use an alternative channel
ISAs in a nutshell
Find out what ISAs are, what makes them tax-efficient, who can open one, plus more.
Do you know your ISAs from your JISAs? Or perhaps you want to know what an instant access account or fixed bond accounts are.
What is an ISA?
An ISA (Individual Savings Account) is a tax efficient way to save or invest. Unlike other savings accounts you don’t pay tax on money held in an ISA, regardless of your balance or how much income tax you pay.
What is the ISA allowance
The government sets an allowance for each tax year which states the maximum you can save tax-free. Each tax year runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year. The ISA allowance for the 2023/2024 tax year is £20,000 and £9,000 for Junior Cash ISAs.
How long does an ISA transfer take?
Cash ISAs will take no more than 15 working days to transfer.
Stocks and Shares ISA or innovative finance ISAs will take no more than 30 days to transfer. To transfer an innovative finance ISA you will need to pop into branch.
You cannot transfer a Lifetime ISA to us.
Remember, if you withdraw money from a previous ISA with another provider, you will need to replace the withdrawn money before you transfer it to us. Otherwise you will no longer be able to repay that money in to your ISA, and it won't be tax-free.
Who can open an ISA account?
You must be a UK resident and 16 years old or over to open a Cash ISA. Under 18s can apply for a Junior Cash ISA.
How do I top up an existing TSB cash ISA?
If you already have an existing TSB Cash ISA, you can top it up via:
- Internet Banking - select the account you want to make the payment from and then select "Make a transfer"
- Mobile banking app – tap “Move money” and then follow the steps
- Telephone Banking (automated service) - when prompted, say or select “transfer money”. View our guide to Telephone Banking
- In a branch
Some customers may be prevented initially from adding money to their existing cash ISAs from 6 April. This is due to the Government’s requirement to request that customers agree a new ISA declaration if they did not add money to their cash ISA in the previous tax year. It’s easy to reactivate your cash ISA. Simply log in to Internet Banking, select the cash ISA you want to add money into, click reactivate and follow the online instructions.
What are my options if my ISA account is maturing?
If you have a Fixed Rate Cash ISA that’s coming to an end, then there are a few options that you can pick from. Visit our Fixed Rate Cash ISA maturity page.
How do I close my TSB Cash ISA?
Please visit our account closure page for more information.
What if my ISA provider is not listed in TSB's ISA transfer form?
If your ISA provider isn't listed in the dropdown list of TSB's ISA transfer form, this means we cannot accept your ISA transfer instruction using this method. If you want to continue to transfer your ISA to TSB, please download, print and complete the ISA Transfer Authority form.