Skip to main content
trendy granny

Home insurance - with a 1 in 10 chance to win back the cost

Two levels of cover – and as a new customer if you quote and purchase between 13 May - 14 July 2024, you could win back the cost of your insurance*. Will it be Essential or Enhanced?

18+ and UK residents only. *If eligible, you will be automatically entered into our prize draw. To opt out click here. Exclusions and eligibility criteria apply. Click here to read the full T&Cs.

Why insure with TSB?

Get a quick quote

We have two levels of cover, so you can pick what’s right for you.

No additional fees

We don’t have additional fees for paying monthly or making changes to your policy.

Insurance to suit your needs

Whether you’re after buildings, contents, or both, we have options.

What is home insurance?

If you own your home, combining buildings and contents insurance can be a good option. You’ll just have the one policy, making managing it that little bit simpler.

Building insurance covers the bricks, mortar, fixtures, and fittings of your home. It covers you from things like fire, theft, or storms that damage the structure of your home or any of its permanent fixtures. For example, if a storm blows the tiles off your roof, or a burst pipe in your living room. Buildings insurance can help pay to fix the problem.

Contents insurance covers the things in your home such as carpets and computers. It protects your belongings while they're in your house against being damaged or destroyed because of things like fire and theft. Our contents insurance also covers money, valuables, home office equipment, and even the food in your freezer.

Here for you, when you need us

At TSB, our home insurance policies give you:

  • A claims helpline open 24/7. You can make a claim online or by calling our UK-based call centre.
  • Online service that makes it easy to view your policy documents and make a new claim.
  • A safe place to stay for everyone in the home, including your pets, if it’s unfit to live in due to a claim.
  • 12 month guarantee on all repairs done by our approved trades people.

Our buildings and contents insurance has limits, terms and exclusions on cover.

Pink transparent umbrella

Choose your cover: Essential vs Enhanced

We have two levels of cover for buildings and contents insurance, Essential and Enhanced. Both levels of cover come with the option of adding legal services and home emergency cover.

Must be a UK resident and aged over 18 to apply


Must be a UK resident and aged over 18 to apply

Must be a UK resident and aged over 18 to apply

Must be a UK resident and aged over 18 to apply


Must be a UK resident and aged over 18 to apply

Must be a UK resident and aged over 18 to apply

Information Icon

We can’t give you any recommendations or advice about home insurance, it’s up to you to choose what you think best suits your needs.

What’s covered?

  • Damage to your property and/or belongings such as by fire or theft.
  • Loss of rent or somewhere to stay if your property is unable to be lived in as a result of a claim.
  • Vandalism or malicious damage caused by tenants or guests.
  • Water damage to your property and/or belongings caused by a burst pipe. Any work needed to find the leak is also covered under building insurance.

What’s not covered?

  • Electrical or mechanical breakdowns - like a television not working due to a mechanical fault.
  • Gradual deterioration or wear and tear - like carpets wearing out over time. Wet rot, dry rot, or frost damage.
  • Theft and certain types of damage if your property has been left unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days.
  • Claims because something’s faulty or built badly to start with - like a bath leaking because it was poorly installed.

Policy terms and conditions, other cover limits, restrictions and exclusions apply. Please refer to our important documents below.

How to apply    

To apply, you’ll need to be:

  • 18 or over
  • A UK resident

How it works

1. Get a personalised quote

We’ll ask for a few details and give you a quote.

2. Choose your cover

See which level of cover best suits your needs.

3. You’re protected

Pick a policy, choose to pay annually or monthly at no extra charge, and relax knowing you’re covered.

Important documents

Get a quote

You can get a quote online

We have two levels of cover - Essential and Enhanced insurance.

Get a quote

Retrieve your existing Essential or Enhanced quotes

Info icon

Compare our products

Info icon

View documents

info icon

We can’t give you any recommendations or advice about home insurance, it’s up to you to choose what you think best suits your needs.

Get in touch

Chat with us

Use the chat service to talk to us about your insurance quote.

Give us a call

We’re on the phones 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm Saturdays, and 10am to 4pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Visit us in branch

If you’d rather talk to us in person, then book an appointment at your local branch.

Money worries

If you’re struggling with the cost of living, you’re not alone. We’re here to help you get the support you need.

Important Information

Terms, conditions, and policy exclusions apply.

TSB Essential and Enhanced home insurance is brought to you by TSB Bank plc and underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited. Applications must be UK residents & aged 18+. Aviva Insurance Limited Registered in Scotland, No. 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis, Perth, PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.

You can check the FCA register or call the FCA on 0800 111 6768.