From today, TSB is offering £20 cashback to new customers taking out a TSB credit card when they spend £20(1).
New customers opening either a Platinum 28 Month Balance Transfer Credit Card, Platinum 20 Month Purchase Credit Card or Classic Credit Card (2) until 10 January 2018 can benefit from the offer. Customers can open their account in branch or online.
Customers who spend £20 on their card before 9 February 2018 will receive the £20 cashback. This will be paid into the customer’s account before 31 March 2018.
Credit cards transfers are free with TSB’s Platinum 28 Month Balance Transfer Credit Card
TSB’s Platinum 28 Month Balance Transfer Credit Card is already the Bank’s most popular credit card – offering 0% interest on balance transfers for up to 28 months and 0% interest on purchases for the first three months.
In addition to the £20 cashback offer, TSB is also offering new customers its 0% balance transfer fee refund offer. Helping people make more of their money, TSB will refundthe 0.5% balance transfer fee(3) when a transfer is made in the first 30 days after account opening. Customers need to open their account before 31 January 2018 to qualify for the offer.
Offering more choice - Platinum 20 Month Purchase Credit Card
Alternatively, customers wanting the best of both worlds, TSB also offers Platinum 20 Month Purchase Credit Card which offers 0% interest for up to 20 months on purchases and 0% interest for up to 20 months on balances transferred within the first 90 days.
Classic Plus current account customers can earn 1% cashback too
TSB Classic Plus customers can also earn up to £5 cashback a month simply by using a TSB credit card. Customers will earn 1% cashback on up to £500 eligible spend each month until 30 June 2018.
Andy Piggott, Head of Credit Cards at TSB, says: “As Britain’s challenger bank, it’s our mission to make banking better for all UK customers and this offer is another example of that.
“We’ve got a range of credit cards to help customers manage their money. This new cashback offer is a great addition and customers can make the most of it alongside our existing offers and whether they open their account in branch or online.”
Notes to editors
- Offer available to new customers who apply and are approved for a new Platinum Credit Card or Classic Credit Card until 10 January 2018.
- More information on Platinum 28 Month Balance Transfer Credit Card and Platinum Purchase Credit Card can be found here: www.tsb.co.uk/credit-cards/.
- (1)Customers must spend £20 on eligible purchases. An “eligible purchase” means most purchases of goods or services you make from shops and online retailers in the UK and abroad (fees apply if you use your card abroad). Eligible purchases must be made by 9 February 2018. Balance transfers, cash withdrawals, advances made by card or card number, gambling transactions, purchases of currency and cash related transactions (such as the purchase of travellers cheques, money orders or gaming chips), account fees and interest are not eligible purchases. If a purchase is refunded, cancelled or disputed, it no longer counts as an eligible purchase. The £20 cashback payment will not count towards a minimum monthly payment. Cashback will not be paid if Platinum or Classic card is closed. Only one £20 cashback will be paid per customer.
- (2)Classic Credit Card is available in branch only.
- For full terms and conditions visit www.tsb.co.uk/cardscashback.
- This offer may be withdrawn at any time.
- (3)How to get your balance transfer fee refund:
- Apply and be approved for our Platinum 28 month Balance Transfer Credit Card between 6 October 2017 and 31 January 2018.
- Transfer a minimum of £100 at a time from any non-TSB UK credit cards or store cards, up to a maximum of 95% of your credit limit.
- For each balance transfer made within the first 90 days of account opening we’ll charge the introductory 0.5% balance transfer fee.
- But for each balance transfer you make during the first 30 days of opening your account we’ll refund the full 0.5% balance transfer fee within 60 days from the date of each balance transfer.
- Your fee refund will show on one of your next two statements as ‘Balance Transfer Fee Refund’.
- To stay eligible for promotional rates and balance transfer fee refunds, you must stay within your credit limit and make your payments on time each month.
- Balances transferred between 31 and 90 days will be charged at 0.5%; after 90 days there is a 3% balance transfer fee.
- When the introductory 0% period ends, your transactions will be charged at the standard rate.
- Applicants must be over 18 and a UK resident to apply. Approval is subject to status and lending criteria.
- This offer may be withdrawn at any time.
TSB was built to bring more competition to UK banking and ultimately make banking better for all UK consumers. TSB only serves local customers and local businesses, to help fuel local economies, because communities thriving across Britain is a good thing for all of us.
We have a simple, straightforward and transparent banking model and make clear on our website how we operate and make money. We offer the products and services people tell us they want, with none of the funny stuff people normally associate with traditional banks.
Our five million customers appear to notice: TSB is Britain’s most recommended high street bank and was recently identified as one of the top 10 big companies to work for.
For further information about TSB Bank plc, please visit our website www.tsb.co.uk.