Extended: 0% balance transfer fee refund offer for new customers
0% interest on balance transfers for 28 months, 0% interest on purchases for three months
Plus: 1% cashback on the first £500 of eligible spend each month for Classic Plus customers
TSB’s 0% balance transfer fee refund offer for new customers taking out a Platinum 28 Month Balance Transfer Credit Card has been extended.
The challenger bank’s offer helps people make more of their money by refunding the 0.5% balance transfer fee on transfers made within 30 days of opening.
The offer was previously available to customers opening their credit card before 31 January 2018. Now, TSB has extended the deadline so that new customers have until 28 February 2018 to take out their credit card.
Rewarding switchers and spenders
Customers taking out this credit card will also benefit from 0% interest on balance transfers for 28 months and 0% interest on purchases for three months.
Rewarding switchers and spenders, people can use the card in a way that best suits their needs. The offer will provide customers with additional flexibility to help them manage their finances.
Classic Plus customers can earn 1% cashback
Customers can earn 1% cashback on the first £500 of eligible spend each month when they have a TSB Classic Plus current account. This offer is available until 30 June 2018.
Andy Piggott, Head of Credit Cards at TSB, says: “We’re bringing more competition to the UK banking market by extending our popular fee free balance transfer offer.
“You can never review your finances too often. With no balance transfer fee, an interest-free period of 28 months on balance transfers and three months for purchases, our credit card offer is perfect for people looking to save money on their borrowing.”
Follow us on twitter: @TSB_News
Notes to editors
How to get your balance transfer fee refund:
- Apply and be approved for our Platinum 28 month Balance Transfer Credit Card between 6 October 2017 and 28 February 2018.
- Transfer a minimum of £100 at a time from any non-TSB UK credit cards or store cards, up to a maximum of 95% of your credit limit.
- For each balance transfer made within the first 90 days of account opening we’ll charge the introductory 0.5% balance transfer fee.
- But for each balance transfer you make during the first 30 days of opening your account we’ll refund the full 0.5% balance transfer fee within 60 days from the date of each balance transfer.
- Your fee refund will show on one of your next two statements as ‘Balance Transfer Fee Refund’.
What else you need to know.
- To stay eligible for promotional rates and balance transfer fee refunds, you must stay within your credit limit and make your payments on time each month.
- Balances transferred between 31 and 90 days will be charged at 0.5%; after 90 days there is a 3% balance transfer fee.
- When the introductory 0% period ends, your transactions will be charged at the standard rate.
- Applicants must be over 18 and a UK resident to apply. Approval is subject to status and lending criteria.
- This offer may be withdrawn at any time.
TSB was built to bring more competition to UK banking and ultimately make banking better for all UK consumers. TSB only serves local customers and local businesses, to help fuel local economies, because communities thriving across Britain is a good thing for all of us.
We have a simple, straightforward and transparent banking model and make clear on our website how we operate and make money. We offer the products and services people tell us they want, with none of the funny stuff people normally associate with traditional banks.
Our five million customers appear to notice: TSB is Britain’s most recommended high street bank and was identified as one of the top 10 big companies to work for in 2017.
For further information about TSB Bank plc, please visit our website www.tsb.co.uk.