- Instant access Savings Pots rate increased to 1.52% AER from 1.25% AER
- New rate available from 2 September for new and existing customers
TSB has today announced that it is increasing the interest rate paid on the instant access Savings Pots which are a feature of its Spend & Save and Spend & Save Plus current accounts.
New and existing customers with a Spend & Save or Spend & Save Plus current account can simply open a new Savings Pot in their account to get this new rate (1.52% AER variable) which will apply to Savings Pots that are opened on or after 2 September. Customers can open a maximum of five Savings Pots with up to £5,000 in each Pot.
New customers can open a Spend & Save account online in minutes by downloading the TSB app.
Spend & Save accounts also offer other valuable features:
- £5 a month cashback for the first six months if a customer makes 30 debit card payments in that month. Spend & Save Plus offers the same cashback but it is not restricted to six months.
- Auto-balancer – allows customers to choose a minimum balance limit on their account. If the balance falls below that level it will automatically move money from a chosen Savings Pot to top it up, as long as there’s enough money in there.
- ‘Save the Pennies’: customers can arrange to have debit card transactions rounded up to the nearest pound, so the ‘change’ goes straight into a Savings Pot.
- In addition, Spend & Save Plus offers customers:
Rochelle D’Cruz | Media Relations Manager, TSB
T: 07483 940 420 | email@example.com
Follow us on twitter: @TSB_News
Notes to editors
- The rate of 1.52% Annual Equivalent Rate (AER) variable on Savings Pots includes an underlying rate of interest of 0.20% AER variable and a fixed bonus rate of 1.32% AER that will last for 12 months. It will be paid on all new Savings Pots opened on or after 2 September. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly.
- Customers with existing Savings Pots can transfer savings into a new Pot or can ‘re-bonus’ their existing Savings Pot(s) online via their Internet Bank logon or in a branch.