The Board of TSB Bank plc, with the support of Sabadell, is pleased to announce that Debbie Crosbie is to join the TSB Board as CEO. Debbie joins from CYBG PLC where she has worked for over twenty years.
Debbie will join TSB in 2019, and a confirmed start date will be announced in due course. The appointment is subject to regulatory approval. Meanwhile Richard Meddings will continue in his role as Executive Chairman, before returning to his previous position as Non-Executive Chairman on Debbie’s arrival at TSB.
Commenting on the appointment, Richard Meddings said:
“When we began the search for a new CEO, we were looking for someone who shared our vision for TSB, who had a strong track record in financial services, and who would inspire TSB Partners to fulfil TSB’s true potential.
“In an impressive field of candidates, Debbie stood out. With over two decades of experience, superb retail and SME banking expertise, and a genuinely open and engaging style of leadership, we have found an outstanding new CEO.
“What’s more, Debbie brings a clear challenger mindset to TSB and she shares our vision for what a strong challenger bank can achieve for customers. I’m confident that Debbie will have great chemistry with the TSB Executive Team and together they will drive our ambition to become the leading challenger bank in the industry.
“Debbie’s appointment is another step forward against the three priorities we set out in September, namely: completing the work of putting things right for customers; achieving full functionality across all TSB products and services; and appointing the right CEO for the next chapter of TSB. As we look to the new year, TSB can now look forward with renewed ambition.”
Debbie Crosbie said:
“I’ve known and admired TSB for many years and I have huge respect for the values on which TSB has been built. A lot of banks talk about creating the right culture, but TSB has it. The passion and commitment of TSB Partners to deliver for customers is second to none.
“The exciting thing about TSB is just how much potential the bank has to redefine banking to better serve customers and their changing financial needs. Thanks to the skill of TSB Partners, the strength of TSB’s network, and the capabilities within the bank to deliver, TSB has all the right ingredients to be the leading challenger bank in the UK.
“I’ve heard so much about the team at TSB and I can’t wait to get to know everyone. Together, our goal is to ensure TSB becomes the champion for consumers in our industry.”
Notes to editors
- Debbie Crosbie is currently Group Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director at CYBG PLC.
- Debbie joined CYBG in 1997 and has held a range of leadership roles within the business, including serving as acting Chief Executive Officer in the first half of 2015.
- In May 2014, Debbie was promoted to CYBG PLC’s Board and was appointed COO in January 2015.
- In September 2017, Debbie was appointed Vice Chair of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) Scotland.
- Debbie’s appointment at TSB is subject to formal regulatory approval.
- TSB today serves over 5 million customers, with comprehensive distribution and product capabilities, including 550 branches across the UK.