First 19 Pop-Up services to open in April
Supporting communities with access to banking
TSB is launching 43 new pop-up services in communities across the UK to support customers with their banking needs such as making payments, getting help with products and services, and assistance with bereavements. The first 18 are being launched in April with the others to follow between now and the summer.
Following branch closures announced last year, TSB has engaged with communities, customers, staff and politicians to ensure its face-to-face banking services are suited to the evolving habits of customers and the needs of communities.
The 43 pop-ups are spread across the country with 22 in England, 19 in Scotland and two in Wales. The majority are based in locations where it takes TSB customers longer than 20 minutes to travel to their nearest TSB branch. TSB has introduced 100 mobile adviser roles to deliver this new face-to face service, which will offer customers end-to-end access to products and services outside of a branch.
Locations for the pop-ups include popular locations already used by members of the local community for other services like town halls, libraries or community centres.
In addition, TSB is also finalising a small pilot to explore new ways for customers to access cash. This pilot, which is due to get underway next month, will allow these customers to use a digital platform to deposit cash in some local shops or supermarkets. TSB is partnering with global payments and financial technology company, Diebold Nixdorf and specialised payments platform, Paysafe, to pilot the concept in communities in Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham.
TSB is also one of the banks participating in the Community Access to Cash Pilots (CACP), in Denny, Cambuslang and Hay-on-Wye, which are co-ordinated by UK Finance and Natalie Ceeney.
Director, Branch Banking, Carol Anderson comments “Although we’ve seen a significant rise in customers using digital banking, we know accessing banking services and cash remains important to many customers and we’re always looking for innovative and inclusive ways to help them.
“The pop-up service will support our customers in parts of the country where it takes longer to get to a branch. The pop-ups and future access to cash pilot will test demand for these types of services, giving us insight on what more we can do for customers in the future.”
Notes to editors
- More details on services available from TSB pop-ups is available here.
- Confirmed locations for TSB Pop-Up branches launching between April and the Summer are: Albrighton, Aboyne, Grantown on Spey, Blackburn, Bastwell, Canterbury, Alford, Ellesmere, Dalkeith, Glynneath, Huntly, Kilbirnie, Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Liverpool Waterloo, Murton, Anstruther, Montrose, Long Sutton, Wick, Ramsey, Prestatyn, Skegness, Devizes, Johnstone, Chesterfield, Winslow, Netherfield, Blairgowrie, Burford, Aberdeen, St Machar, Alexandria, Dunmow, Nottingham Low Pavement, Manchester Irlam, Hawick, Edinburgh Corstorphine, Hayling Island, Penicuik, Holt, Bathgate, Aberdeen Mannofield, Hucclecote, Malton, Bo’ness.
- The pop-up locations are launching as non-essential retail facilities reopen across the country. In England and Wales locations that have opened from week commencing April 12 include: Albrighton, Blackburn, Canterbury, Ellesmere, Glynneath, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Liverpool Waterloo, Long Sutton, Murton, Netherfield, Ramsey, Skegness and Winslow.
- In Scotland locations that are opening on week commencing 26th April include Aboyne, Grantown-on-Spey, Huntly, Anstruther, Montrose and Wick.
- More details on local locations or days of service are available upon request.
- As well as the pop-ups TSB is also part of three of the Community Access to Cash Pilots (CACP).
- Post Office Banking Hub, Cambuslang - Cambuslang community will be piloting a Post Office Banking Hub in an empty retail outlet, with the Post Office offering transactional services in a private environment, with community banking support from the major banks, debt advice, and support for financial issues. TSB mobile advisers in the location will be able to offer an end to end service to customers providing most of the products and services that would be available from a TSB branch.
- Denny – led by OneBanks, the Denny community will be piloting a refreshed Post Office with improved cash facilities. It will also offer digital education services to help those who want to access digital banking services.
- Hay-on-Wye (Powys) – the community is actively identifying alternative locations to establish a new Post Office, with the installation of an automated deposit taking machine for local businesses, and services reconfigured to meet local needs. An office in the local parish community space with community banking support from the three major banks, who will provide customers with debt advice, and support for financial issues.
About Diebold Nixdorf
Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated (NYSE: DBD) is a world leader in enabling connected commerce. It automates, digitises and transforms the way people bank and shop. As a partner to the majority of the world’s top 100 financial institutions and top 25 global retailers, its integrated solutions connect digital and physical channels conveniently, securely and efficiently for millions of consumers each day. The company has a presence in more than 100 countries with approximately 22,000 employees worldwide. Visit www.DieboldNixdorf.com for more information.
About Paysafe Limited
Paysafe Limited (“Paysafe”) (PSFE: NYSE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading specialised payments platform. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualised transactional volume of US $92 billion in 2020, and approximately 3,400 employees located in 12+ global locations, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 70 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments. Further information is available at www.paysafe.com.