Around 60% of Brits want to catch up on their personal finance admin as we enter the New Year, with more than 25% of people looking to consolidate their borrowing.
Around a third of Brits with a personal loan or credit card will shop around in search of the best deal this New Year.
From today, TSB is offering £30 cashback to customers who take out a new credit card or personal loan.
The offer is available to customers who open a new Platinum, Classic or Student credit card, or open a new personal loan / refinance an existing personal loan, in branch from today until 1 March 2019. Credit card customers need to make £30 in eligible transactions on their new card on or before 27 March 2019.
TSB is committed to helping people to ‘borrow well’, which means helping them to borrow money in a way that makes the best financial sense for them.
New research from TSB1 reveals that around 60% of Brits want to catch up on their personal finance admin as we enter the New Year, with more than 25% of people looking to consolidate their borrowing.
Borrowers are also looking to cut back – with 57% of people who borrowed money on credit cards or loans in 2018 aiming to borrow less this year. They also want to make sure they’re getting the best deal from their provider – with 35% of people with a credit card and 31% of people with a loan set to shop around this New Year.
Nick Stefanovitz, Consumer Lending Director at TSB, says: “As we enter 2019, we know that lots of people will be focused on getting their finances in shape for the year ahead. A bit of time spent finding the best deal on your borrowing could really save consumers a significant amount of money for the year ahead. As part of this, it’s great to be able to offer £30 cashback to customers taking out a new credit card or loan with TSB.”
Customers can apply for a TSB personal loan or credit card by popping into one of our branches.
Notes to editors
- 1Research was conducted in December 2018 by OnePoll surveying 2,000 UK adults.
- More information on our products can be found at www.tsb.co.uk.
- Terms and Condition for credit card £30 cashback offer here https://www.tsb.co.uk/credit-cards/cashback-t-and-cs.pdf
- Terms and Condition for Personal Loans £30 cashback offer here https://www.tsb.co.uk/loans/cashback-terms-and-conditions.pdf
- Our Personal loans rate is 3.9% APR representative for loans between £7,500 and £25,000 for 1-5 years. More information and how to apply https://www.tsb.co.uk/personal-loans/.
- Our Platinum 20 month Purchase credit card offers 0% for up to 20 months on purchases, then 18.94% p.a. and 0% interest for up to the first twenty months on balances transferred within the first 90 days. More information here https://www.tsb.co.uk/credit-cards/.
- Our Student Mastercard credit card offers 19.94% p.a. on all purchases and balance transfers. More information here https://www.tsb.co.uk/credit-cards/.
- Our Classic credit card offers 0% interest for 10 months on balance transfers you make in the first 90 days after you open your account and 0% for 10 months on purchases from when you open your account. Interest rate is 25.95% p.a. variable. More information here https://www.tsb.co.uk/credit-cards/other-cards/.