Instead of closing your account, why not see if one of our other accounts suits you better?
Or you might want to switch to another financial provider; our ‘How do I switch from TSB’ page gives you the information that you need.
To close your personal current account, follow these steps.
Step 1: Check your account
- If you’re overdrawn, pay off your overdraft as we can’t close an overdrawn account
- Check there’s enough money to cover pending transactions or outstanding bank charges
- Cancel any Direct Debits or standing orders and set them up on another bank account
‘How do I cancel a Direct Debit?’
If there’s money due in such as your wages, get it sent to another bank account
If you want to transfer your balance to an overseas bank account, use the Online Account Closure form
Step 2: Close your account using the TSB Mobile Banking App
- Log into the TSB Mobile Banking app
- Tap the profile icon
- Tap Chat to us
- Type ‘close my account’ and answer the questions in the chat
- It typically takes us 2 days to close the account
- We’ll automatically deregister you from pay a contact
Not using the TSB Mobile Banking App yet? Download it now.
Can’t use the TSB Mobile Banking App? If you can’t use the app, use the Online Account Closure form. You’ll need photo ID and a mobile phone to verify your identity.
We use Adobe Sign for this kind of request. Adobe will pass the information you provide to us in a secure manner and won’t process it in any other way. Information on how we use your data can be found in our Data Privacy Notice.
Screen reader users are advised to use an alternative channel