You’ll need to be a UK resident and over 18 to apply.
You can get a mortgage in principle before finding a house.
- Details of your deposit and where it’s coming from.
- Information about the property you’re looking to buy.
- If you’re remortgaging, details of your current mortgage.
- Your latest payslip, or latest 2 years self-assessments if you’re self-employed.
- Your latest bank statement.
- Details of any financial commitments you have, such as credit cards, loans, car finance or childcare costs.
How to apply
Where can I get support if I'm feeling worried about my money?
If you're struggling with money, we’re here to help. Our money worries page has lots of helpful information to help you get the support you need.