Since we launched TSB onto high streets in 2013, our focus has been on creating a different type of bank. We've done this in part by establishing an inclusive and sustainable culture and working towards a fair representation of men and women at every level and in every part of the bank.
That's why TSB has signed up to the HMT Women in Finance charter, which supports our vision of creating a sustainable and inclusive culture. A culture that is inclusive of gender, race, disability, background, or education, leads to a sustainable and balanced workforce.
As part of our commitment to gender balance, we've created an aspirational gender balance range for how many men and women we believe should hold senior management roles at TSB.
The good news is that we are already performing well in this area: 31 per cent of our Executive Committee is female - well above the 14 per cent average seen across the UK banking sector. And the culture and initiatives that we've already put in place have seen the number of female senior managers increase from 34 per cent in 2014 to over 40 per cent today.
But it's not just about equipping women with the right skills to progress within TSB. We're focussed on ensuring the initiatives we put in place are gender neutral so all TSB Partners, regardless of gender, can benefit from them.
Our pledges to women in finance
As a signatory of HMT's Women in Finance charterwe have made four pledges:
- To continue to have an Executive Sponsor for Gender Balance who is responsible and accountable for gender diversity and inclusion. Helen Rose, our Chief Operating Officer, has held this position since TSB's launch in 2013.
- To set gender balance ranges for the number of men and women we will aim to have at senior manager level. These are:
- 45-55% of our top 150 partners are female
- 45-55% of our partners in a senior manager position and above are female
- To annually publish our progress towards these long-term gender balance ranges.
- For our balance ranges to be included in our Banking Executive Committee members' balanced scorecards (performance agreements at TSB).