If you think you are a potential victim of fraud, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Unexpected phone call claiming to be us? Hang up and call back after 2 minutes or on a different phone line
- Never tell anyone your security details – usernames / passwords / PINs etc
- We will never ask you to manually transfer money due to fraud – if needed, we do this for you
- Keep your anti-virus software up-to-date to protect from Malware or Phishing
- Unexpected refund? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
We have been made aware of a recent scam whereby criminals are attempting to pose as bank staff in order to facilitate significant donations from a recent lottery win. The criminals attempt to have their victims open new accounts and ask for an ‘account opening fee’ to do so. These fees then become a payment to the criminal and there is no donation.
Please be aware of these types of scams and remember to always consult with your bank directly prior to making any such transfers. If you have any queries or would like to report any potential scam or phishing email, please forward the messages to [email protected].
We are keen to find out how well our online security centre is working and whether you are able to find everything you need.
This survey will only take a couple of minutes to complete and we really appreciate your feedback.