1. Where Control applies to your account, we will not treat a request to make a payment out of your account for which you do not have available funds as a request for an Unplanned Overdraft (or for an increase in an Unplanned Overdraft), except where:
(a) You use your card to make a payment at a retailer in one of the limited situations where the retailer does not or is not able to check with us that you have available funds in your account before accepting payment
(b) If you have used a Cheque Guarantee Card to guarantee a payment. Please note the UK Cheque Guarantee Card Scheme closed on 30 June 2011. We will not guarantee Cheques written and dated after this date
(c) We have to take money out of your account when a Cheque you paid in is returned unpaid. For further information see condition 10 of your Personal Banking terms and conditions
(d) The Planned Overdraft limit on your account is reduced, and you do not have available funds to keep within your new Planned Overdraft
2. We will charge you a monthly account fee of £10 for each month that you have Control on your account (if you add or stop Control part way through a month, we will only charge you for the period you have had it on your account). We will take this fee from your account on the last working day of each monthly billing period after Control has been added to your account. The monthly billing period can vary but it is generally from the second day of each calendar month to the first day of the next calendar month. You can find out your monthly billing period by asking in a branch or by calling us on 03459 758 758.
3. Where Control applies to your account and you use only an Unplanned Overdraft you will not be charged the normal Monthly Overdraft Usage Fee or any Unplanned Overdraft Daily Fees. Interest will still be charged.
4. Where you do not have available funds to make a payment and we do not treat the payment as a request for an Unplanned Overdraft, you will not be able to make that payment (we will write to tell you of this). You will not be charged a Returned Item Fee.
5. To apply Control to payments you ask us to make by using your Visa debit card, we may replace your TSB Visa debit card with a new Visa debit card. If we do, when you receive your new Visa debit card you must immediately destroy all other cards linked to your account.
6. Charges and fees applicable to any Planned Overdraft which you may have will be unaffected by the addition of Control to your account. For details of our current Planned Overdraft fees and charges please refer to our Banking Charges Guide, online at www.tsb.co.uk or by calling 03459 758 758.
7. Control is only available for Classic Accounts, including those with Plus or Enhance.
8. If you want to stop Control applying to your account, you can tell us at any branch or by calling 0345 835 3863.
9. We will stop applying Control to your account if:
(a) You change your account so that it is no longer a Classic Account
(b) You ask us to add Enhance to your account, unless you expressly tell us you want Control to continue applying to your account
(c) You ask us to cancel Plus or Enhance, unless you expressly tell us you want Control to continue applying to your account
10. When we stop applying Control to your account, we will write to you to tell you this has happened.
11. These terms and conditions add to and should be read with the Personal Banking terms and conditions.
Do your banking wherever you are with secure online banking services.
Download our app
Bank online 24/7 using our Internet Banking website or our mobile app.
Bank over the phone 24/7 using our automated service - call
03459 758 758.
Find your nearest branch or cash machine using our Branch Locator tool.