How to switch bank accounts
Before we start your switch, you will need to provide us with:
Details of the bank account you want to switch from
- the account sort code and account number
- the debit card number and expiry date
You can provide us with this information as part of your Current Account application.
If you’ve got a TSB account already – simply complete this quick online form.
And don't forget to read the Switch Service customer checklist (PDF) before you switch.
What are the switching stages?
- We will contact your old bank
- We will let you know that your old bank has approved your request
- We will start transferring your payment arrangements across to your TSB account
- Payment arrangements will be transferred
- Your TSB account will be prepared for the Switch
- If you have a debit balance outstanding on your old account you can choose for us to clear this for you
- You will need to ensure there is enough money in your TSB account to cover the transfer – this money will leave on day 7
- Your switch is complete - old balance will be transferred and old account closed
Day 8 onwards
- For 13 months after your switch payments sent to or requested from your old account will be redirected to your new account
Reasons to switch
- It’s easy to switch, we’ll have it done in just seven days
- The switch service is free to use
- Choose your preferred switch date
- Your finances are kept in one place keeping your life organised
- Choose from a competitive range of bank accounts
- Dedicated team who will manage the switch for you - hassle free
- Keep up to date - text alerts so you know how the switch is going
- Option to do a partial switch
- Three month Interest and fee free overdraft when switching (subject to application and approval)
Account Opening is subject to our assessment of your circumstances. You must be 18 or over and a UK resident to apply. Interest paid monthly.